- Press credentials will be granted only to bona fide working press.
- Credentials will not be issued to representatives of lobbying, special interest, or advocacy organizations. The National Council will not issue credentials to those who write content for non-media websites, personal blogs, contributing writers not currently under contract with a publication, or publishers, corporate officers, sales, advertising, public relations, technical support staff, or any other non-editorial professionals.
- Media representatives must provide press credentials or identification to receive a conference badge.
- Identification must indicate you are a working journalist, and can include official press credentials, a printed business card from a media outlet with your name and editorial title, a current editorial masthead with your name and title, or copies of two bylined articles dated within the last 6 months.
- Freelancers must present a letter of assignment signed by a representative of a media organization.
- The National Council reserves the right to limit the number of press badges issued to a media organization.
- The National Council considers working press to include editorial staff of newspapers, magazines, medical and healthcare publications, broadcast outlets, and some web-based media and blogs (website must have a paid reporting staff of two or more; must post original, dated, industry-related news at least once per week; and must extend beyond newsletters, links, forums, personal diaries, opinion or personal analysis).
- Exhibitors and representatives of industry, marketing, advertising and communications/public relations firms or companies producing print or electronic materials for these purposes cannot register as press.
- Any press registrant who sells, markets or represents a company for the purpose of obtaining advertising or subscriptions from any registrant or exhibitor immediately forfeits press credentials.
Notes on Specific Events:
- Media may attend ticketed events. Ticket holders have priority for seating.
- National Council staff or proxies must escort and accompany broadcast reporters to any intended interview or shoot onsite.
- Exhibitors are not spokespersons for the National Council and should not be identified as such in an interview.
- There may be restrictions on the use of flash photography during sessions.
- Photos of copyrighted material reprinted without the prior consent of the study author/presenter is strictly prohibited.
- Exhibitors who wish to distribute materials to the media may do so at their booths.
A conference badge allows media to attend sessions and workshops. It must be obtained before any events and must be worn at all times.
We appreciate your interest in the behavioral health topics presented at the National Conference and look forward to your stories.